Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I am who God says I am


I was recently watching an episode of Oprah’s Life Class (she is one of my she-roes) that featured pastor Joel Osteen. The lesson was on the power of the I Am

Pastor Osteen’s teaching so inspired me. It’s so easy for us to get caught up in negativity and condemn ourselves. Lately my prayer has been,"Lord, help me to see as you see."  

Proverbs 18:21 says that in the tongue is the power of life and death. I know that I want to speak LIFE. 

I decided to examine the Word to remind myself of what God says about who I am. I hope these confessions will help you on your journey to rediscovering who you are.  (I am intentionally leaving out scriptural references to encourage you to do your own study).

Remember that everything you are is also what your brother is. So let us not forget our calling to bear with each other and forgive one another. . . forgive as the Lord forgave you.

i am

I am designed by God. I am made in His image. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am God's workmanship. I am His masterpiece.
 
I am chosen. I am called. I have divine destiny. I am predestined to greatness. I have ordered steps.
 
I am loved. I am rooted and established in love. I am loved with an everlasting love.
 
I am a child of God. I am marked for an inheritance. I am joint heirs with the sons of God. 
 
I am royalty.
 
I am the head. I am the first. 
 
I am a citizen of heaven.
 
I am rooted in Spirit. I am a temple of the Holy Spirit. 
 
I am the light of the world.
 
I am victorious. 
 
I am holy. I am blameless. I am unblemished. I am sanctified. I am righteous. 
 
I am delivered.
 
I am approved. 
 
I am established. 
 
I am redeemed. I am restored. I am renewed. I have eternal life. 
 
I am forgiven. I am reconciled with God.
 
I am free.
 
I am made alive in Him.  I abide in Him.
 
I am whole. I am complete. 
 
I am joined with God. I am His friend.
 
I am confident. I go to God boldly with my requests and He answers me.
 
I am faithful. I believe.
 
I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.
 
I am protected. I am safe.
 

I am hidden in God.
 
I am strong.
 
I am powerful. 
 
I am an overcomer.
 
I am blessed.
 
I am highly favored.
 
I am humble before Him, yet great in Him.
 
I am a prophet to the nations.
 
I am an ambassador of God.
 
I am full of peace.
 
I am in His rest.
 
I am joyful.
 
I am content. I cast my cares on the Lord. I surrender to Him.
 
I am satisfied.


I am secure.
 
I am self-controlled. I am disciplined.
 
I am a hearer and a doer.
 
I am a bearer of fruit.
 
I am used by God.
 
I am gifted.
 
I am courageous.
 
I am a beneficiary of grace and mercy.
 
I am part of the One Body. I maintain unity.
 
I am careful with my words. I use my mouth to edify, encourage and serve God.
 
I am kind. 
 
I am compassionate.
 
I am a forgiver.
 
I am gracious.
 
I am patient.
 
I am a giver. 
 
I am a listener.
 
I am wise. I am discerning.
 
I am prosperous. I have abundance.
 
I am thankful.
 
I am a visionary.
 
I am hopeful.
 
I am expectant.
 
I am trusting.
 
I am beautiful.
 
I am worthy. I value myself and others.
 
I am His delight.
 
I am healed. 



Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’” . . . “Go, assemble the elders of Israel and say to them, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob—appeared to me and said: I have watched over you and have seen what has been done to you in Egypt. And I have promised to bring you up out of your misery in Egypt into . . . a land flowing with milk and honey.'  Exodus 3:13-17. 

No comments:

Post a Comment